Sunday, October 3, 2010

Green Beans Are Officially A No Go!


After having the green bean experience, we decided to take a little break from the veggie.  About a week ago, I decided I would try a recipe I found in my Babycook cook book, which includes green beans.  Surely, Tommy will like green beans mixed with other vegetables.  

As soon as I got done cooking the new recipe, I decided I would try to feed it to Tommy.  The first couple bites, Monkey wasn't sure about it.  I was excited because I thought we might have found a way to make Tommy eat green beans.  Boy was I wrong.  Again, he started to gag when he took a bite.  Since green beans are high in Calcium, Vitamin K, and Vitamin C, I didn't want to give up so quickly.  The only problem I ran into was the fact that I felt so bad every time he gagged or made a face.  Tom says he loves to feed him because all the crazy faces Monkey makes, but he still finds it frustrating when the boy won't open his mouth after the first bite. 

A good friend of mine, Sheena, recently went to a class which said that you should introduce a food 20 times before you count it out of a baby's diet.  This fact made me feel a lot better.  Though, I still hate seeing Tommy not like eating green beans.  

Today, Tom tried feeding Monkey the Green Bean and Tomato soup.  Again, he really did not like it.  Tom even told me that he didn't want to feed Tommy green beans ever again.  We started talking about all the times we tried to feed him green beans and realized that we have tried green beans at least 20 times.  Needless to say, Monkey does not like green beans.  

I guess, we will have to try green beans again in a few months. Hopefully, his taste buds will change.  

Here is the recipe for Tomato and Green Bean soup by Beaba Babycook

Ingredients:
1/2 small tomato
1 small potato
1/4 cup green beans

Steam Veggies together and then puree in their cooking liquid. (I used breast-milk instead)

I hope your little one likes it better than Monkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment